VanillaMoon

Vanilla Moon

If you are an author and you want me to review your book, check this page: http://vanillamoonblog.com/ask-for-a-review/

Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version
Philip Pullman, Jacob Grimm
Pure Dead Magic
Debi Gliori
No Way Back (Mia's Way #1) - Chloe Adams Read the review in both English and Romanian on my blog, where it was originally published:http://vanillamoonblog.com/2013/02/01/review-no-way-back/I have so many things to say about this book that I don’t even know where to start from! Let’s see… What made me want to read this book was actually the fact that it was recommended to me by a author that is very dear to me, so I told myself “Why not?” and, since the ebook was free, I took the chance… or so I thought. I am an air-head sometimes, you see, and when I wanted to start reading I realised I hadn’t finished the buying process. I was very sad at that moment, but… guess what? The same person who recommended it to me told me not to worry and actually gifted the ebook to me through Amazon. So I want to thank her again for being an amazingly generous person!Now… I remember posting about this book on my blog earlier this year, when the free offer was available, and some of you told me the cover is gorgeous, but that the girl has something weird about her eye. Well, guess what?! This is related to what happens in the book. And, if you look closely enough, you’ll notice a tear too. The attention to detail is incredible!Mia is everything I like in a character. Her development throughout the book is amazing, from a frightened girl who wants to hide in her closet forever, to one willing to fight till the end, no matter the consequences. There is a very powerful inner struggle in her, between her wish to forget everything that happened and that of doing the right thing. I love this kind of characters!The first thought that occured to me when I started the book, was that every single teenage girl should read the first chapter. They should know what can happen when they get drunk, accept drinks from strangers and go with them in secluded places. Yes, it is disturbing to read about rape. But it is also necessary to understand that life isn’t all milk and honey, and that you shouldn’t hide your head in the sand like an ostrich!Apart from the rape-chapter, the rest of the book focuses on Mia’s fight to get over the incident and move on. But how can she do that when she remembers who the attackers were? She has to choose between doing the right thing (which is a very long trial) and her family. Everyone telling her what she should do, playing with her emotions and setting her up doesn’t make things easier either.Another good thing about this book is that it’s not all about drama, it’s also about coming to terms about what is happening in your life. Everything happens for a reason and, as weird as it sounds, Mia benefits from this incident in a way that she wouldn’t have imagined. She gets closer to a part of her family, she finally understands them and will learn to slowly fall in love again, something she didn’t expect it.As much as I loved this book, it needs a little bit of “polishing” before it’s perfect. I wanted to give it five vanilla flowers, but the typos that I found here and there, and the fact that it ended so suddenly made me go for only four. This is the first ever book signed by Chloe Adams and I can’t wait for its sequel! And if you find your way to my review, please, please, don’t stop writing! It’s in your blood and the YA literature needs more books like this one! And you, dear readers, what are you waiting for? Grab your copy of “No Way Back” and read it! Seriously!